"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
A Sound Investment
Since 1967, the prayerful participation and service of many has enabled quality Christian education at SCS. Our faithful supporters include past teachers, alumni, parents, grandparents, and friends who believe that SCS's mission is rooted in an eternal hope. This hope gives true purpose and true partnership.
In every classroom, there are bright, curious students exploring the world, discovering new talents, asking intelligent questions, learning to think critically, growing as leaders, and sharpening their global perspective. All day every day, we educate students to reflect Jesus in character, wisdom, and influence. Our main priority is to produce graduates who are personas íntegras equipped to impact the world.
As a private school, our tuition covers the expenses associated with the daily management of the school. However, tuition does not cover the cost of many capital improvements. Additionally, SCS does not have an endowment nor does it receive United States or Dominican government support. As such, SCS capital improvements and additions are largely dependent upon the generosity of its supporters.
First, you can give your prayers. At SCS, we acknowledge that everything we have belongs to God. Our resources – including our facilities and staff - are instruments in God's hand to be used for holy purposes in the lives of our students. Pray that we never forget that.
There are several ways to invest in SCS. Every gift, small or large, is important.
1. Cash: This is the most common way of supporting SCS. Cash gifts can be in the form of an outright gift or a pledge. Gifts from the United States are tax deductible to the full extent of the law. We accept donations via PayPal, through direct giving at SCS, or check via the Santiago Christian School Foundation.
2. Program Boosters: Parents can support their student's special interests by designating a gift to a favorite program. Gifts to programs like Athletics, the Spring Musical, or Model United Nations help provide the next level of quality resources and equipment to make these programs the very best they can be.
3. Non-Cash Gifts: You can be creative. Non-cash gifts can be made in the form of real estate, in-kind donations of goods or services from your business, frequent flier miles for expatriate teachers, securities, or retirement plan assets.
4. Memorial Donations: When you give a gift as a memorial in someone's honor, SCS is privileged to send an acknowledgment to the person's family on your behalf. If you make a memorial gift in the form of a piece of art, a park bench, or a tree to beautify the campus, a memorial plaque will be displayed on the gift as a lasting tribute.
5. Bequests: A bequest can be distributed from your estate. This can be a fixed amount or a percentage of your total estate. A bequest left to SCS leaves a legacy for future generations.
Invest from the Dominican Republic
Most Dominican residents prefer to make gifts directly to "Santiago Christian School." Every peso and every non-cash gift is carefully invested into the life of the school, ensuring that SCS students are well-equipped to lead lives marked by leadership and service.
Invest from the United States
You may make your gift to "Santiago Christian School Foundation", a 501 [c] 3 tax-exempt organization. This foundation is dedicated to Shaping the Lives of those who will Shape the Nation at SCS. You may send funds to the address below or donate via PayPal (links on the right).
218 Heatherfield Dr
Souderton, PA 18964-1954
The foundation's tax ID number is 36-4385849.
Stephany Kim is looking forward to graduating and starting her freshman year at the University of North Carolina where she received a scholarship to play NCAA Division I Women's Golf and study Business Administration.
Stephany has been attending SCS since Pre-K 3 and has seen many changes over the years. Growing up alongside her classmates, the members of the SCS community are like family to her. Over the years, the faculty at SCS have been a huge source of encouragement and support to her, and their presence in her life has shaped her into the person she is today. When describing what makes the faculty at SCS unique, she said "my teachers always encouraged me to look for Jesus in every situation, even when times were tough. They always listened to me, cared for me, and encouraged me to have hope!"
Stephany is an excellent student and leader among her peers. She has been a member of NHS for 3 years and this is her second year serving as Vice President, a responsibility she takes very seriously. Being a person of integrity is really important to her and one of the most important lessons she learned throughout her time at SCS. She says, "the Honor Code has defined who I am as a person of integrity. With the help and support of teachers and staff, I feel very prepared for my future."
As she looks ahead to her life as a proud SCS alum, she wants to encourage others to invest in the SCS education. The world-class English-language training, high caliber teaching staff, and international accreditation that SCS provides have equipped her to confidently take the next step into a future of academic excellence and professional leadership.
If you are considering an investment in SCS, Stephany shared that "it's the generosity of people like you that inspires me and my classmates to be generous with our gifts and resources."