Do you love students, love Jesus, and long to teach overseas for His glory? Student teaching at Santiago Christian School is for you! Passionate about the SCS mission to form personas íntegras who reflect Jesus in character, wisdom, and influence, our teachers are purpose-driven, highly credentialed, and committed to research-based best practices. If you are looking for a rich student teaching experience that may dramatically shape your personal vision for excellence in missional teaching, we invite you to apply.
Student teachers become members of the SCS family. Highly qualified experienced teachers and administrators model teaching excellence while providing outstanding supervision, professional training, experience in classroom management, and evaluative feedback.
Student teachers experience the life of an international teacher. They share apartments with current expatriate faculty members and love participating fully in the rhythm and fun of the close-knit SCS family. Student teachers shop, pay for, cook, and share meals along with their apartment mates.
All applicants must show proof of insurance for the duration of their time in Santiago, as well as a copy of benefits. Applicants who are not covered may purchase international student insurance through SCS’s provider, Global Benefits Group.
NOTE: Hospital Metropolitano de Santiago (http://homs.com.do/en/) is the first source for medical care for Santiago Christian School.
Housing Fee: $160/week
All fees are due in full upon arrival. Fees cover:
- Orientation to SCS and to the city of Santiago
- Daily transportation to and from school
- Arranged housing
- Internet/local house phone
- Daily drinking water
- Private international mail service
- Teacher-level supervision, including evaluations
- Principal-level supervision, including evaluations
- *Student teachers arrange and pay for their own airline ticket
To request an application, please send an email inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fall Placement Deadline: November 1 of previous year
- Winter/Spring Placement Deadline: March 1 of previous year
Please email the completed application and all supporting documents listed below to email@example.com by the appropriate deadline:
- Completed Application for Student Teaching
- SCS Ministry Agreement
- Recent photo
- Copy of passport (first page)
- Proof of medical coverage with statement of benefits
- Copy of all background clearances required for student teaching in your state