Santiago Christian School provides an accredited, English-language education that prepares students to enter top universities in the United States, the Dominican Republic, and around the world. An SCS education equips students with a global perspective by teaching them to:
- think critically about and engage meaningfully with the ideas and issues that shape their world
- interact with curriculum from a biblical worldview while also gaining an understanding of competing worldviews
- explore the important questions of each discipline and to clearly articulate their own ideas in both English and in Spanish
Students graduate from SCS with the skills and knowledge they need to become global and civic leaders guided by values and faith that will enable them to lead with integrity.
Santiago Christian School is unique in that it adheres to Dominican educational guidelines and the rigorous standards of US accreditation bodies. Students are exposed to the rich history and cultural influences of Dominican culture and the Spanish language along with university preparatory courses taught from a biblical worldview.
- Members of the school community submit to an honor system in order to promote an environment characterized by integrity and respect and to foster these values in our students.
- Love and Logic is employed as a practical system for nurturing responsible student behavior and a positive school climate that facilitates learning.
- ECE and the Elementary School embrace the Responsive Classroom approach, which was developed to create classroom and school-wide learning environments where young students thrive academically, socially, and emotionally.
These elements combine to create a safe and nurturing learning environment in which students are freed to think deeply and critically, express themselves creatively, articulate ideas effectively, and thrive academically. Click here to learn more about the use of the Love and Logic and Responsive Classroom approaches to discipline at SCS.