Overview of Distance Learning
SCS families should read the Parent-Student Expectations for Distance Learning within each divisional distance learning page to understand how we will utilize asynchronous (not at the same time) online learning tools. Parents can also access other division specific information pertaining to our technology, learning platforms, counseling services, research pertaining to COVID-19, and other free academic and entertainment resources.
Advice for Parents during Distance Learning
- Check the class list of all work that is due for each subject or class.
- Work with your child to set a timetable for their study which may include breaks and deadlines.
- Set up your child's work space in a common area and remove items that may cause distraction. Students require a computer to complete their work, so it is necessary to regularly monitor your child's progress.
- Discuss the work completed by your child and compare with the assignments listed.
- If it is clear that your child is having difficulty completing the work due to technological difficulties or any reason, please contact their teacher.