Student learning continues online at Santiago Christian School!
Even though campus is closed, all SCS students will be working on their devices to connect with their teachers who are working to create meaningful learning experiences in every grade-level.
This portal is a resource for families throughout this pandemic. SCS families should read the Parent-Student Expectations for Distance Learning linked below to understand how we will utilize asynchronous (not at the same time) online learning tools. Parents can access Google Classroom, our Counseling Corner, free academic and entertainment resources, and reputable research on COVID-19. Announcements from our Health Office, Finance Department, and Administration will also be available here.
The Santiago Christian School community is committed to praying for you and your family. If you have any specific requests, please share them by filling out this form so that our faculty and staff can be lifting you up in prayer on a regular basis.
The SCS counseling team will be available via email and online to provide emotional support for students. Do not hesitate to email our counselors if you have a concern for your child. They are: Elementary Counselor Cait Reid (firstname.lastname@example.org), Secondary Counselor Heather Colbert (email@example.com), and Secondary School Psychologist Ana Vargas (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Click here for Miss Cait's online counseling services for elementary students and office hours!
For the SCS Webinars Archive, click here!
Advice for Parents:
One of the best ways for parents to encourage continuous learning for their child is to foster a proper environment for study.
1. Check the class list of all work that is due for each subject or class.
2. Work with your child to set a timetable for their study which may include breaks and deadlines.
3. Set up your child's work space in a common area and remove items that may cause distraction. Students require a computer to complete their work, so it is necessary to regularly monitor your child's progress.
4. Discuss the work completed by your child and compare with the assignments listed.
5. If it is clear that your child is having difficulty completing the work due to technological difficulties or any reason, please contact their teacher.