Are you looking to build your resume with hands-on training and experience in an international setting? Do you love Latin culture and young people? Do you long to serve God overseas in your chosen profession? Interning at Santiago Christian School is for you!
Passionate about the SCS mission to form personas íntegras who reflect Jesus in character, wisdom, and influence, SCS professionals are purpose-driven, highly credentialed, and committed to research-based best practices. If you are looking for rich hands-on experience in areas like business, Christian education, advancement, non-profit management, marketing, international teaching, youth ministry, chaplaincy, athletic coaching, fine arts, or school counseling ministry that may dramatically shape your personal vision for excellence in a missional career, we invite you to apply.
Interns become members of the SCS family. Highly qualified experienced teachers, administrators, counselors, pastors, accountants, fundraisers, and other professionals model excellence while providing outstanding supervision, professional training, experience, and evaluative feedback. Each student internship is tailor-made to fit the experiential and evaluative demands of your degree program.
Interns purchase their own flights, pay a modest weekly living fee, and enjoy these benefits:
- Personal airport transportation
- Daily transportation to and from work
- Safe housing with friendly SCS employees
- Daily home-style lunch at work
- Monthly excursions or cultural experiences
- Exit recommendations (upon request)
- New life-long friendships
There are two housing options:
- Shared Expatriate Apartments are a great choice for interns interested in experiencing international living. Interns share apartments with current expatriate faculty members and love participating fully in the rhythm and fun of the close-knit SCS family. Interns shop, pay for, cook, and share meals along with their apartment mates. A hot, home-style lunch is provided at SCS on school days. The cost for a shared expatriate apartment is $160/week.
- Dominican Homestays are the perfect choice for interns wishing to improve their Spanish language skills and really experience Dominican culture. Interns live in the home of an SCS staff member and enjoy participating fully in the life of a vibrant, Christian Dominican family. Hosts provide all meals and a hot, home-style lunch is provided at SCS on school days. The cost for a Dominican homestay is $210/week.
Interns must show proof of insurance for the duration of their time in Santiago as well as a copy of benefits. Interns who are not covered may purchase international student insurance through SCS’s provider, Global Benefits Group: https://www.gbg.com/#/OurProducts/Travel/StudentTr....
Note: Hospital Metropolitano de Santiago (http://homs.com.do/en/) is the first source for medical care for Santiago Christian School.
Placement Fee: $130
Shared expatriate apartment: $160/week
Dominican homestay: $210/week
These fees are due in full upon arrival. Fees cover:
- Personal airport transportation
- Orientation to SCS and to the city of Santiago
- Daily transportation to and from school
- Home-style lunch on school days
- Arranged housing
- Internet/local house phone
- Daily drinking water
- Private international mail service
- Individualized supervision, including evaluations
*Does not include airfare
To receive an application, click the Inquire button and send an email request. Applications are due by these deadlines:
- Fall Placement Deadline: March 1 of previous year
- Summer Placement Deadline: January 1 of previous year
- Winter/Spring Placement Deadline: July 1 of previous year
Once your application is completed, email it along with all supporting documents listed below to email@example.com:
- SCS Ministry Agreement
- Recent photo
- Copy of passport (first page)
- Proof of medical coverage with statement of benefits
- State background clearance
- State child abuse clearance